Monday, January 25, 2010

Pride of the Peacock


They haunted me all weekend. The darling little set of dishes at my Goodwill that I saw on Saturday. I called Mr. P from the Goodwill to see if he could find anything out about them. They were labeled Steubenville *Peacock Garden* on the back. I knew they had to be something, Russel Wright designed for Steubenville after all. Nicholas couldn't find anything on Ebay for them, and even www.replacements.com didn't have a picture of them! Hmmm. So tempting. But, after conferring we decided they probably weren't worth anything.

But so cute! So adorable they haunted me all the rest of the day and night. I noticed a woman picker-type looking at them after I did. Surely they were gone by now. Would I have liked them 6 months ago, I pondered. Have I completely lost my mind? Are they just kitschy 50s junk? Or are they really cute?

They now sit on my dining room table, along with the big set of Taylor Thomas & Taylor Cathay dishes, something else I wouldn't have looked twice at 6 months ago. My dining room table has become an Ebay's seller store. The listings should go up within the next few days, and I will have something to watch while I sit in front of my computer and stare at Ebay.

1 comment:

  1. They are really cute and whimsical. Amazing what can be found at a Goodwill.

    But, you should get yourself checked out for a hoarder gene. *snorts*

    ReplyDelete